The Director of Content plays a key role in our global marketing efforts helping to lead the direction and production of thought-provoking, engaging content to drive business results for both Ventiv and its suite of integrated risk and claims management products. The person best suited for this position has a proven track record of developing, implementing and executing overarching, vertical, and Line of Business (LOB) specific content strategies and campaigns. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can operationalize a team of Content/Copywriters and its production, as well as someone who is keen to roll up their sleeves and write/produce content prolifically. As the Content lead on our marketing team you will have the opportunity to shape and sharpen the Ventiv brand and be involved in storytelling across multiple channels and in numerous creative mediums. This job is based in Atlanta, Georgia.
What you will be doing...
- Have a deep understanding of our brand, target markets, customers and potential customers to align content development and distribution with our brand strategy.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues, especially product, to ensure consistent and effective messaging across all marketing collateral.
- Leverage our company and product brands in compelling and engaging storytelling across a variety of media.
Content Strategy, Execution & Marketing
- Project manages content creation (delegating, reviewing/editing) and also executes/writes high quality thought leadership content.
- Oversees and manages the resources and blog section of the website.
- Help draft and oversee the development of a wide range of marketing and communications materials, including news releases, blog posts, articles, case studies, videos, webinars, eBooks, datasheets, presentations and other go to market collateral to support the overarching marketing strategy and goals.
- Infuses SEO and conversion tactics/strategies into content development.
- Interviews internal executives, product managers and customers, in addition to conducting research, to create value-adding thought leadership content.
- Supports cross-departmental stakeholders with content needs including Sales, Customer Service, HR, Communications etc.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Builds and manages a sourced team of content/copywriters.
- Supports PR/outbound communications on an as-needed basis.
- Collaborates with Territory Vice Presidents and Customer Service to help Ventiv clients tell their story of using Ventiv products
- Collaborate with Marketing Campaign Managers on designing and executing content marketing campaigns, and providing support as needed for additional inbound/outbound content needs.
Tracking & Reporting
- Manages global content calendar, maintaining a regular, consistent in terms of quality, production cadence across a variety of mediums.
- Analyzes traffic and engagement metrics on the blog and resources section of our site, setting targets and reporting on the content’s performance.
- Tracks KPIs/ROI of content marketing, continually tests and optimizes based on data.
Who you are…
- Strategic & Action-Oriented – Proven ability to develop and implement both strategic content campaigns and supporting tactics with a thorough understanding of content and funnel marketing.
- Brand Aware – Has experience with branding and corporate identity creation. Our brand is very important to us, we need to make sure ALL publicly facing content reflects brand.
- Creative – Has an eye for design and space, making sure our content balances on-brand messaging with on-brand creative/look and feel.
- A Go-Getter – Exemplifies a degree of tenacity required to proactively find and secure raw content from executives and product subject matter experts for thought leadership content.
- Energetic – Executing activities with enthusiasm and purpose, a positive role model to the Content/Copywriters.
- Likes to Learn – Keeps up with latest content and content marketing trends, researches competitors and industry best practices to continually test and optimize our content marketing initiatives. Adept at research and a quick study who can write about virtually anything.
- Detail Oriented – Meticulous copywriting and editing skills and strong commitment to delivering the highest quality content to the public, our clients and to the internal audience.
- Communicative – Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team Player and Leader – Strong team/people management and leadership skills, with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with the wider marketing team and with cross-departmental stakeholders. Experience managing content/copywriters preferred.
- Multitasker - Can handle the demands of our own organization while balancing the needs of our current and prospective clients.
- Digital/Tech Savvy – Interested and knowledgeable about SEO, the latest digital trends, comfortable writing about insuretech/risk management content and writing for digitally savvy audiences.
- Organized & Results-Oriented – Strong project management skills with demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high expectations.
- Data-Driven – Experience tracking and reporting on content marketing campaigns. Constantly tests, optimizes and makes decisions based on data to achieve the best results.
- Educated –Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a discipline such as Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or a related field. Masters a plus.
- Experienced –7-10 years would be optimal, but we are not excluding less experience of those who have a range of applicable skill sets. Agency/Consultancy experience is a plus.
Interested? Apply for this role