Vital Strategies is a US-based international public health organization working in more than 70 countries to strengthen public health systems and address leading causes of morbidity and mortality.
Resolve to Save Lives is an initiative of Vital Strategies with a mission to prevent 100 million deaths from heart disease and to make the world safer from epidemics. We are led by Dr Tom Frieden, former director of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Resolve to Save Lives is transitioning to an independent public health organization to maximize its global impact with speed, simplicity, and scale. Read more about our work at resolvetosavelives.org.
We believe our programs are strengthened when they are developed and supported by individuals with diverse life experiences, whose understanding of social and cultural issues can help make our work and workforce more inclusive. We encourage people of all racial, economic, social, cultural, sexual orientation, and gender expressions to apply.
Resolve to Save Lives seeks qualified candidates for the position of Digital Content Strategist. Reporting to the Senior Content Manager and liaising closely with the Design Lead, the Digital Content Strategist will be responsible for developing, managing and disseminating content across several web and social platforms. They will have experience in content planning, development, design, production, analysis, management, and measurement. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices in both the US and global context. This full-time position is currently remote. The incumbent will be expected to convene routinely for team meetings in New York City beginning in January 2022.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Resolve program teams to maintain content across all Resolve to Save Lives digital platforms and facilitate effective cross promotion
- Develop content strategies for traditional and digital marketing channels, and content marketing and distribution platforms. For each communications project determine digital content needs, channel selection and dissemination strategy
- Proofread and edit written pieces before publication, ensure digital content is tagged appropriately, review and update published content as needed
- Coordinate with design team to develop accompanying visuals for posts
- Manage an editorial calendar
- Utilize digital content strategies to build, strengthen, and amplify awareness of Resolve to Save Lives and Resolve programs to all audiences, including the general public, public health staff, donors and partners
- Use analytics to determine the best way to engage users, increase traffic, generate leads, and measure brand awareness
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish and articulate internal and external key messages, and ensure that content is aligned accordingly across our digital and social platforms
- Utilize understanding of SEO, keyword research, information architecture, and usability best practices to deliver targeted content
- Monitor the quality and integrity of our digital communications products and services, and respond as needed to ensure brand alignment
- Design and monitor content performance goals to drive awareness
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Required Experience and Skills:
- At least seven years of experience as a digital content manager, web writer or content editor
- Proven work in content management systems, such as WordPress; understanding of HTML and web publishing
- Experience with SEO guidelines and keyword research tools
- Experience with Google analytics or similar UX tools
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and handle multiple deadline projects
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, creative writing or similar
- Self-starter with a positive attitude
- Experience in project management is a plus
- Experience in the public health field is a plus
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish is a plus
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV to Digital Content Strategist, Resolve to Save Lives
Interested? Apply for this role