The Walmart Design team creates experiences and designs websites, tools, and mobile solutions for millions of customers and associates. As a part of a Design team that is at the forefront of retail, you will be responsible for building best-in-class experiences that drive continuous improvement and innovation at the world’s largest company. If you are motivated by complex, purposeful challenges, a Design role at Walmart could be what you’ve been looking for.
As a Content Design Lead on the Digital Financial Services team, you’ll define the content vision that helps customers reach their financial goals while producing and managing a portfolio of high-caliber work. You excel at bringing colleagues – from peers to executives – together through high-quality work, mentoring and natural storytelling to generate new ideas across the portfolio. You’re a champion of process and provide your design partners with clear and consistent content partnerships. You’ll use your knowledge of the Design Thinking process to integrate business needs into design strategy and collaborate with partner teams to champion insight-driven solutions. Additionally, you’ll contribute to the ongoing evolution of foundational UX content systems and processes that enable the team to scale efficiently and effectively.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if you have...
- 7+ years working as a Content Strategist, Content Designer, UX Designer, UX Writer or a relevant field, preferably in a design lead role in the Financial Services space.
- A history of leading a portfolio of work and overseeing the quality of craft across multiple projects simultaneously.
- A strong writing background that brings together brand voice, emotionally resonant copy and systems thinking. You write for accessibility and believe in inclusion.
- A demonstrable track record of working cross-functionally and forging strong partnerships to ship successful products in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent understanding of experience principles and customer needs such as motivations and behaviors, with the ability to translate them into engaging and actionable deliverables.
- A strategic mindset and a system thinking approach to taking the complex and making it simple.
- Experience facilitating Design Thinking in your cross-functional teams.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to motivate teams and partners.
- Find joy in leading by doing. You inspire, coach, and contribute to our team culture.
- A self-starter mindset who is well organized and always looking to improve things.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Writing at the highest level of craft for a broad population of Walmart customers.
- Leading a program of work and collaborating seamlessly with cross-functional partners through delivery.
- Creating the content strategy and setting the content design direction for a program that delivers on the user's needs and business goals.
- Actively soliciting feedback from peers and cross-functional stakeholders through the product design lifecycle.
- Engaging the design research team at the right points during the design process to ensure the right insights and data inform the work.
- Working with our Design System team to expand the content system.
- Championing the Design Thinking philosophy throughout the business.
- Degree in Communications, Information Architecture, Digital Design, or similar and at least 5-7 years of experience in product design.
- Have a fantastic portfolio of strategic content solutions that drive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Perks and Benefits
- Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve to live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Option 1: Bachelor's degree in UI/UX design, graphic design, visual communication, product design, computer science, information technology, or related area and 4 years experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.
- Option 2: 6 years experience in UI/UX, interactive and visual design, electronics art, multimedia design, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
- Design certification (for example, IDEOU - Foundations in Design Thinking Certificate), Driving product development in a user experience area, Master's degree in UI/UX Design, Interactive and Visual Design, Product Design, or related area, Related industry experience (for example, retail, supply chain, eCommerce, healthcare), UI/UX, Interactive and Visual Design, Electronics Art, Multimedia Design, or related area
125 S CLARK STREET, CHICAGO, IL 60603-0000, United States of America