What you'll do...
We are looking for a Resource Content Designer to join the Driver Experience team as part of the Spark Driver ™ End to End Delivery function at Walmart. In this role, you will support a variety of initiatives and workstreams focused on enhancing driver experience and engagement through the creation of text and media-based content.
You will be responsible for developing text and media-based content from conception to completion, while also maintaining, tracking and reporting on the status of all content in development.
Walmart’s End to End delivery team works on fulfilling customer demand for everything in the store in the comfort of their home. We want our customers to have every option available to shop for their needs: wherever, whenever and however they want it.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify resource content needs supporting drivers on the Spark Driver platform.
- Recommend and develop quality resource content in a variety of modalities (eLearning, Video, Micro-Learning, etc.) depending on the needs of the audience.
- Manage the project lifecycle of multiple resource projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure every final resource deliverable meets the project objectives, is accurate, and is approved by all stakeholders.
- Closely collaborates with leadership on the resource content strategy.
- Collects data to gauge bandwidth and efficiencies within the resource content creation team.
- Works closely and monitors the relationship with vendors
You will sweep us off our feet if...
- You are highly adaptable and can adjust to an ever-changing business environment and new ways of working.
- You have a background in Instructional Design/Instructional Technology.
- You have a background working in the gig space with independent contractors as your audience.
- You have a master’s degree in Education, Instructional Design or a related field and 2 years of experience in adult learning, content development, or a related area.
- You have experience in Articulate 360, eLearning design, and working in Learning Management Systems.
- You are an expert in Project Management – PMP is a plus!
- Excellent verbal, written, and editing skills, with strong project management experience, and adept and managing successful projects in a matrixed corporate environment by building coalitions and driving consensus
- Data-driven with impeccable organization and high comfort working with technical subject matters.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Collaborative, energetic, and tenacious self-starter with an ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Enthusiastic team player who can work cross-functionally with partners across Last Mile delivery for the Walmart US business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design or related field preferred and 4+ years of work experience in interactive design, editorial content management, or related field.
- A keen eye for details and organization, and possess a solution-oriented mindset.
- Excellent command of English and strong proofreading and writing skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Manages one or more work streams for the operations organization by designing project plans; organizing project timelines and deliverables; facilitating meetings involving stakeholder teams to analyze, plan, and implement project initiatives; recommending appropriate operational processes; developing and managing project requests and timelines by establishing project requirements; communicating project status, details, timelines, and available resources; planning and executing resource allocation; finalizing, approving, and delivering projects; taking corrective action as necessary to drive project results; communicating project plans and deliverables to key stakeholders; identifying root causes and developing potential solutions for initiatives; and making recommendations based on data and observation.
- Provides decision support by sourcing, organizing, analyzing, and interpreting data and information; providing influence and insight on current and future business trends; conducting analyses of initiatives to understand and communicate trends; translating data analysis into recommendations aligned with business objectives; and working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop processes and strategies that help meet business goals.
- Manages the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; developing new innovations and tools for site selection and continuously improving selection methodology; leveraging best practices from cross-functional partners to streamline and improve processes; analyzing and interpreting information for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; developing creative solutions within business areas to reduce costs and meet business goals; ensuring data accuracy; using knowledge and experience of the business to determine what activities must be done by serving as subject matter expert; developing and implementing scorecards and other tracking mechanisms; creating new innovations for store activation; collaborating with and influencing operations and other internal partners in support of strategies; and driving execution to meet metrics through customer service and platform development.
- Manages activities and projects that generate revenue, offset operational expenses, mitigate loss, and allocate or influence budget spending by researching and integrating information and data; applying business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities; analyzing and interpreting information by using various analytical methodologies for one or more initiative work streams to improve business efficiency; developing creative solutions within business areas that reduce costs and meet business goals; using judgment to prioritize assignments; and ensuring data accuracy.
- Manages the development and improvement of new or existing operational tools, reports, and customer-facing functionality by providing direction and input on project business and functional requirements; providing subject matter expertise; developing requirements; providing solutions for complex problems that span multiple businesses, functions and/or time frames with new or existing tools; and partnering cross-functionally with product management, merchandising, engineering, and other groups to drive projects. Coordinates, completes, and oversees job-related activities and assignments by developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders; supporting plans and initiatives to meet customer and business needs; identifying and communicating goals and objectives; building accountability for and measuring progress in achieving results; identifying and addressing improvement opportunities; and demonstrating adaptability and promoting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by hiring and training; mentoring; assigning duties; providing recognition; and ensuring diversity awareness. Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by implementing related action plans; utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy; and providing direction and guidance on applying these in executing business processes and practices.
Live our Values
- Culture Champion - Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; supports Walmart’s commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
- Servant Leadership - Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
- Curiosity & Courage - Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
- Digital Transformation & Change - Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
- Customer Focus - Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
- Strategic Thinking - Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team’s strategy.
Focus on our Associates
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
- Collaboration & Influence - Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
- Talent Management - Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others’ contributions and accomplishments.
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits includes PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more. You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices.
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart. Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see OneWalmart.
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives. Additional compensation for certain positions may also include Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)- Stock equity incentives
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, or related field and 2 years experience in communications, journalism, business, or relevant area OR 4 years experience in communications, journalism, business, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
- Supervising Associates
- Masters: Economics