Are you a content marketing expert who is passionate about helping people lead better, healthier lives? As Content Marketing, Assistant Manager you will work with the Sr. Content Marketing Strategist to execute the content strategy and editorial calendar for our industry-leading brands. We’ll look to you to project manage our content creation and optimization processes and produce content marketing initiatives across multiple platforms and formats, ensuring consistency of the brand's message and voice. In this cross-functional role, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with both our North American and international teams to drive our global content marketing efforts.
YOUR RIPPLE EFFECT
- Can you develop high-impact marketing content? You will oversee the distribution of content through earned, owned, and paid media channels, focusing on driving positive online customer sentiment through the development and deployment of the right content, to the right audience at the right time. Executing against a holistic content strategy and editorial calendar, you’ll assist in content framework building and development for various initiatives, including brand websites, PR, social media, paid media, and customer care support.
- Can you strategically amplify content? Working within promotion channels such as brand websites, social media channels, paid media, PR, influencer programs, and content syndication, you will work with internal stakeholders including Brand teams, the Social Media Coordinator, video and graphic producers, Paid Media, and SEO experts to effectively publish and promote content to optimize reach and maximize business impact.
- Can you drive continuous improvement? Using a data-driven approach, you will push to adopt better content creation practices through frequent testing of new content formats and distribution channels. You will optimize our content decisions and recommend future directions in content development. Further, you will maintain regular reporting to ensure content programs are meeting their intended goals and that site performance analysis, SEO tactics, and media insights are informing our ongoing content development efforts
- Are you a skilled writer?You will write and closely review content to ensure it adheres to established messaging maps and style guidelines, brand consistency, and voice. You will edit a wide variety of content types, including social content, video, blog articles, press releases, and long-form content.
- Are you experienced in influencer marketing? You’ll manage the end-to-end operation of our brand influencer programs, including campaign definition, influencer selection, and reporting. In addition to working closely with influencers, you’ll collaborate directly with external agencies and vendors to ensure quality, consistency, and timeliness across projects.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's degree (BS/BA) from an accredited college in an applicable field of studies, such as Marketing, New Media, Communications, Statistics, Economics, English, Journalism, Business Administration, or related field. Minimum of 5 -7 years of relevant work experience creating or managing content for digital or social projects. An equivalent combination of education/experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated competence in executing content marketing via social channels. A portfolio of past work and/or examples of currently active social channels, personal or professional, is strongly preferred.
- Public Relations experience, either directly or through working with a PR agency/vendor, a plus.
- Strong aptitude using digital analytics and tracking, social listening tools, social management platforms and content management systems is required. Direct experience using Hootsuite, Google Analytics, Bazaarvoice, CRM/Marketing Automation tools, Facebook Insights, and other digital tools preferred.
- Experience with marketing communications, social media management, digital asset management, content management systems, and SEO preferred.
- Well-versed with the management of content through WordPress and other CMS platforms.
- Comfortable with Photoshop or similar software to create/edit basic visuals.
- Basic HTML and CSS creation and editing skills to control the visual look and feel preferred.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Google Docs required.
- A rich understanding of digital mediums from a sociological, technological, and tactical perspective.
- Ability to distill insights from multiple data sources across multiple segments, channels, and campaigns.
- Excellent written (extensive business correspondence and creative writing) and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in groups of up to 100+ people.
- Willingness and ability to travel (~5%) for channel partner visits, conferences, trade shows, meetings, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL GET
At Watkins Wellness®, we believe that everyone should ‘Feel good, Live well.” so, we offer employees the opportunity to join a dynamic, growing industry leader with an outstanding and well-deserved reputation for leadership and commitment to our employees, customers, and community. We also offer a competitive package including exceptional health and wellness benefits, paid time off, bonus, profit sharing, 401k, tuition reimbursement and much more.
We look for candidates that exhibit The Watkins Way (always Ethical, endeavors to be Transparent, embrace Inclusion, welcomes Diverse backgrounds and perspectives, Accommodating, believe in Work-Life Balance, puts Safety First, are Accountable, values Relationships, Passionate, Team Player, and Goal Driven).
The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Watkins (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws and providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Watkins is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English & Spanish