WCF Insurance has an immediate opening for someone who can demonstrate the WCF values to join their team as a Technical Writer. This is a full-time, exempt position that will work from WCF's Sandy, Utah headquarters. Hybrid work from home and office is available after training. This posting is open to internal or external candidates.
- Learn, understand, and document technical systems, processes, data flows, and procedures using text, audio, diagrams, and video when appropriate.
- Learn, understand, and leverage knowledge of the P&C industry and its various stakeholders to develop documentation appropriate to various personas.
- Develop and maintain various documentation repositories to be used both internally and externally.
- Follow consistent styling guidelines in written documentation.
- Make recommendations for tools, techniques, styles, and process improvements.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to establish documentation meeting their needs.
- Make recommendations for additional channels and methods of documentation and communication.
- Complete assignments timely and accurately, meeting project timelines.
- Continue developing skills, including an understanding of current and new technologies, as well as insurance.
The most qualified applicants will have
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, writing, or a related field or five years of directly related experience, or a combination of both.
- Technical aptitude, natural curiosity, systems mentality, and a passion for learning.
- Understanding of, and empathy for, various user personas and target audiences of technical material.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong research skills using online tools and communication with stakeholders.
- Proficiency in developing documentation using tools such as Confluence, SharePoint, or similar.
- Basic knowledge of documentation tools and methodologies to document data dictionaries, data flows, process flows, and business rules.
- Basic graphic and web design skills.
- Self-starter with a focus on results, not processes.
- High attention to detail and an "ownership" attitude.
- Work well with others through communication and collaboration.
- Take the initiative to improve work processes.
An internal candidate should have six months in their current position, acceptable job performance, and must notify their current supervisor that they've applied for the position.
WCF INSURANCE DE&I MISSION
Promote and embrace a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and safe workplace.
WCF INSURANCE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
WCF Insurance provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, a disability that can be reasonably accommodated, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Interested? Apply for this role