Are you passionate about social media and storytelling?
We’re looking for an exceptional content strategist to deliver best-in-class, social-first content strategies, toolkits and playbooks for some of the world’s most-influential brands.
You will be excellent at digesting and streamlining a client problem or need, then strategically identifying story-driven solutions. A key part of this will be developing client relationships, constantly building on your deep understanding of their business objectives and audience needs, while confidently bringing them along on the journey.
You’ll be adept at unpacking high-level thinking, creating objective-led content plans, and always driving the strategic agenda when approaching content. You will work collaboratively with creatives, directors, planners, designers and external teams, ensuring everything ladders up to the wider business goals.
You’re quick off the mark when it comes to social platform developments and can proactively identify opportunities for brands to stay on top of the social landscape. You’ll also be confident in overseeing and editing the work of other writers and editors.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the world’s most culturally exciting brands, create career-defining work and ideas worth talking about.
- Producing strategically sound content strategies and laydowns for multiple brands, as well as overseeing some day-to-day planning and creation of content
- Overseeing, editing and signing off editorial strategies produced by writers and editors in the team
- The opportunity to develop and upskill other editors in the department
- Attending and presenting in client-facing meetings on a regular basis
- Proactively identifying opportunities to expand your client’s social presence
- Pitching for new business
- Workshopping and tissue-ing content ideas with client
- Managing day-to-day oversight of projects and campaigns
- Developing proprietary ways of working
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of seven years’ experience with a proven strategic or editorial marketing background. Four years experience working within social media is preferable
- High level of proactivity. Able to spot problems and find creative solutions
- Demonstrable experience of crafting publishing plans and toolkits for a variety of brands
- Knowledge of how to use insights and data to inform content creation
- Deep platform knowledge and understanding of the ever-changing social content best practices - including the ability to orchestrate the relationships between owned, earned and paid media
- The ability to self-edit and scrutinise your own work
- Confidence in attending and presenting in client-facing meetings
- Ability to scope work
- Demonstrable experience of interrogating the impact of work post-publication
- A flair for storytelling and a love for deck craft
- Flexibility to work in a reactive way and under pressure
- Direct line management experience of at least one person is preferred
Why should you join our team?
- 25 Days holiday, increasing by 1 day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Corporate Social Responsibility - time given to volunteer
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards at 5 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 3 or 5 year intervals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Social clubs & staff events
- Summer hours
We’re looking forward to meeting you.
Interested? Apply for this role