Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
Do you thrive on deciphering the puzzle of effective communication for audiences of varying technical levels? Do you love helping users find the information they need, easily and quickly? Workday has an immediate opening for a highly experienced content strategist to drive design and structures for delivering clear, relevant content that works for both business goals and user needs. You are an experienced professional in user content development, design, and delivery, adept at working across teams to deliver an excellent information experience to our community of external and internal users.
- Analyze current content inventory across sites and delivery models.
- Perform content audits and gap analysis. Review existing material to determine what is relevant, consistent, redundant, or missing for each target audience.
- Research and analyze audience needs, preferences, objectives, and methods. Study and understand how users consume content across their product or project lifecycle.
- Lead cross-company task forces for content initiatives and develop a core content strategy statement for each.
- Interview participants and other stakeholders to define clear project goals and objectives. Define KPIs and drive task force activities against them.
- Determine core content models and content types according to defined business goals, user needs, and hierarchy of information.
- Conduct interviews and perform research with target audience users, both internal and external.
- Create and maintain content roadmaps with associated goal alignment across the digital ecosystem.
- Refine and implement a cross-company information model.
Skills and Experience
- Experienced understanding of information structure, data gathering, user needs and behaviors, labeling techniques, and navigational systems.
- Proven ability to take a design, direction, and leadership role in projects that span multiple teams.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present strategic and tactical plans effectively.
- Strong, well-developed organizational and project management skills.
- A high-level thinker who can also keep track of details. Able to delve deeply into content analysis, while driving strategic planning and the vision for content initiatives.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Minimum 3 years experience in content strategy, content development, or web design.
Interested? Apply for this role