Do what you love. Love what you do.
At Workday, we help the world’s largest organizations adapt to what’s next by bringing finance, HR, and planning into a single enterprise cloud. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have fun, too. We put people first, celebrate diversity, drive innovation, and do good in the communities where we live and work.
About the Team
Interested in helping develop quality documentation in a fast-paced environment? Talk to us about an opportunity to write for a team at Workday, Inc. providing content for the next generation of enterprise business applications!
The ideal candidate is an outstanding writer with experience creating content for enterprise software targeted to professional and technical audiences.
- Works closely with editorial, development, customer support, product management, and services to develop high-quality technical content.
- Drafts, maintains, and edits content for release notes and release publications.
- Reviews UI text for consistent tone and style.
- Balances multiple projects, including projects beyond normal scope, and works as an integral part of the product team.
- Prepares content for online delivery.
- Learns and tests product functionality while writing documentation.
- Learns and applies Workday writing style using a minimalist approach.
- Provides regular updates to manager on project status.
- Mentors new writers with less experience in aspects of the job.
- Influences product team by educating on our processes and standard methodologies.
- Attends Agile and team meetings.
- Contributes to shared projects across the larger team.
- We're looking for someone with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills, and someone who is analytical with strong attention to detail, who works efficiently in a lively environment, and can quickly prioritize deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of technical writing experience or equivalent.
- Experience implementing or working with enterprise software preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of DITA and XML authoring tools.
- Proactive and able to work independently on multiple projects.
- Background in human resources, finance, higher education or payroll a plus.
Workday is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Interested? Apply for this role