The Senior Content Marketing Specialist creates a full range of product and solution-focused marketing materials. This role brings depth of channel and industry knowledge to the table, along with a metrics-driven approach to content development and curation. The Senior Content Marketing Specialist develops content strategy and manages editorial calendars for product and solution-focused marketing materials.
Develops and Supports the Content Marketing Strategy
- Ensures brand and marketing consistency and flawless execution across all tactics
- Puts the end-user first, adjusting output based on audience need and interest
- Provides a high level of industry and solution knowledge to create marketing and thought leadership content, including: product datasheets, brochures, industry white papers, infographics, e-books, emails, product demonstration videos, web content, multimedia presentations, and more
- Makes recommendations to improve content performance based on depth of knowledge across key channels; responsible for goal-setting and optimization efforts based on click-through rates, traffic, and conversions
- Ensures consistency in brand and tone standards throughout Workiva communications
- Makes strategic recommendations across solutions based on depth of knowledge in key subject matter areas, feedback loops, and success metrics
- Implements SEO best practices throughout content creation process
Manages Key Processes and Stakeholders
- Manages multiple initiatives simultaneously and ensures the successful completion of each under tight deadlines
- Supports the overarching integration of the marketing activities throughout the company by ensuring that all affected departments are kept in the communication loop on project status
- Ensures all elements of all contracted agreements have been satisfactorily executed as contracted
- Develops ROI and performance measurements for marketing tactics
- Provides organization and reporting
What You'll Need
- Self-starter who takes initiative and brings fresh, new ideas to the table
- Flourishes in a fast-paced environment and can act quickly on his/her feet
- Accurate, meticulous, with high attention to detail
- Excellent work ethic and time management skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful as issues arise
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables within a situation
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and project management skills
- Excellent business communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with internal peers and management as well as vendors and outside agencies
- Five to seven years industry experience preferably on a creative or marketing team
- Experience with digital assets and content marketing
- Experience with B2B audiences, SaaS or technical products, and complex audience segmentation
- Experience working with a geographically distributed team is preferred
- Experience with international content development and distribution is preferred
- Track record of clear, successful communications on complex topics (portfolio required)
- B.A./B.S. degree in marketing, advertising, communications and seven or more years industry experience in related field is preferred
- M.B.A. preferred
- Less than 10% travel is required to meet with employees, vendors and/or suppliers
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Reliable internet access for any period of time working remotely, not in a Workiva office.
How You'll Be Rewarded
- Base Pay Range in Colorado: $75,000 - $100,000
- A discretionary bonus typically paid annually
- Restricted Stock Units granted at time of hire
The base pay range represents the low and high end of the hiring range for this job. Actual pay will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to relevant skills, experience, and capabilities.
Where You’ll Work
Our values drive how we work and who we hire. You will see these values ingrained in how we support our customers, work with team members, build our products and in the work environment we’ve created.
- Customer Success: Always delight our customers.
- Trust: Rely on each other.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, every time.
- Collaboration: Share resources and work together.
- Innovation: Keep creating solutions and finding better ways.
- Inclusion: Support a diverse community where we all belong.
- Accountability: Be responsible for your success and failure.
We believe our people are our greatest asset, and our unique culture gives employees the opportunity to make an impact everyday. We give our employees the freedom and resources they need—backed by our culture of collaboration and diverse thought—to continue innovating and breaking new ground. We hire talented people with a wide range of skills and experiences who are eager to tackle some of today’s most challenging problems.
At Workiva, you’ll enjoy:
- Fantastic Benefits: With coverage starting day one, choose from competitive health, dental, and vision plans on the largest physician networks available.
- Casual Dress: Workiva has a casual work environment, most people wear jeans to the office.
- Involvement: Ability to participate in Employee Resource Groups, (Women in Tech, Women in Sales, Ethnic Diversity, Veterans, Rainbow (LGBTQ), Remote Employees, Caregiving) Volunteering, Company-wide celebrations, and more
- Work-life Balance: We have competitive PTO, VTO and Parental Leave. We encourage employees to spend time enjoying life outside of work.
Learn more: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/workiva-life-and-careers/
Learn more: https://www.workiva.com/careers/benefits
Workiva is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that great minds think differently. We value diversity of backgrounds, beliefs, and interests, and we recognize diversity as an important source of intellectual thought, varied perspective, and innovation. Employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other protected characteristic.
Workiva is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. To request assistance with the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.