Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson, we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is the leading strategy consultancy focused on helping brands and retailers grow their business on Amazon and other online marketplaces. We are relentlessly data-driven and use research and ongoing impact analysis to identify immediate and long-term strategic growth levers for clients. We’ve worked with more than 400 brands, representing more than 2 million SKUs and $2 billion in annual retail sales.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking an experienced Content Strategy Director to build and lead the team responsible for Digital Shelf (e-commerce) Content for all channels, formats and platforms across our portfolio of clients. This person will be responsible for defining, implementing and managing the content strategy, working closely with the creative, data & analytics and supply-chain operations teams to deliver results for the business.
What you'll do:
- Define Content | Define the content strategy for the business, working with stakeholders and SMEs and implement across all channels & business units. Map out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for our brands and why.
- Develop documentation | Develop documentation that would be available to sales and the whole team. This includes and is not limited to: Standard SOW language (and availability to work with sales to modify as necessary for client needs); Pitch deck slides describing the offering and why it’s compelling (and ability to work with sales to modify as necessary; Standard kickoff deck to start an engagement with a client, setting client expectations for the process
- Leverage market data | Leverage market data including sentiment analysis and user experience data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to success metrics by partner.
- Develop strong relationships | Develop strong relationships and partner with integrated marketing, digital marketing, corporate marketing and others in marketing to drive most effective results.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in B2C/B2B content development and strategy.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in developing and implementing eCommerce content strategies. Experience with Amazon is preferred.
- Skilled at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation and distribution strategies and tactics.
- A passion for new technology tools to improve delivery and automation and enable scale.
- Clear articulation of the business goal behind the creation of a piece (or series) of content.
- Incredible people leadership and development skills. Experience managing and motivating a team.
- Understanding of different channels and best practices for effective content by channel.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Experience creating a resource or library of content organized indicating SEO, translations and version control.
- Needs to be continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and marketing solutions through partnerships.
- Able to map content to customer journey.
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.