YC Continuity’s content manager will help produce a library of content and tools for YC’s growth-stage founders. This is a phenomenal role for someone who is interested in learning more about startups, is excited to interact with founders, and is a clear and concise communicator.
YC Continuity is Y Combinator's growth fund. We lead investments in the top 1% of YC companies, including Stripe, Coinbase, Brex, DoorDash, Instacart, Gusto, Faire, Segment, Checkr, Zapier, and others.
Our team runs programs that educate YC’s growth-stage founders on the art of company-building. (Early startups fail because they never find product-market fit. Growth-stage startups fail because their founders don’t scale the organization successfully.) Alumni of our programs include the CEOs of companies like Brex, Airtable, Lattice, Zapier, Webflow, and Faire.
Your job will be to assemble the curriculum materials for these programs, both creating them from scratch (via interviews, program sessions, and primary research) and collecting documents already being used by our companies. You’ll also repurpose content for other forums, such as our internal knowledge base for founders and YC’s website. In doing so, you’ll build relationships with the founders and executives of some of the world’s most iconic technology companies.
- Produce write-ups and gather materials on various aspects of company-building, to accompany each program session
- Update curriculum content with new material from each session
- Produce weekly notes for each program session
- Repurpose content for different audiences and platforms
- Develop a content calendar
- Develop relationships with founders and executives and collaborate with them on content and materials
- Occasionally assist YC Continuity team with copy-editing blog posts such as this one
- Founders highly rate the materials you produce
- Timely and high-quality notes and content produced for each program session
- High-functioning content machine in place: Material is produced quickly, and updated whenever it makes sense
- Your work requires minimal editing
- Collaborative relationships built with founders and executives
- Materials are organized and don’t take more than a few seconds to find
- Roughly 3 to 7 years of experience
- Deeply curious, excited to learn, ready to nerd out on startup scaling, will go deep to learn something you aren’t familiar with
- Clear, concise, personable communicator
- Meticulously organized, obsessive about details, keep a high bar for quality
- Fast-moving, value pragmatism over perfection
- Natural project manager, can set your own deadlines and stick to them
- Generous, scrappy, low ego, high enthusiasm
- Experience working at a startup
Location and benefits
- Our team is 100% remote for the time being, however, we have offices in San Francisco and Mountain View.
- Full benefits package including medical, vision and dental benefits, 401(k) matching, generous parental leave, commuter benefits and a flexible vacation policy.
Please apply via our official job page.
Interested? Apply for this role