This job listing has expired
UX Writer / Copywriter
THIS IS A DIRECT CLIENT REQUIREMENT
Those authorized to work are encouraged to apply, please.
US citizens / GC Holders / GC EADs
Duration: 1 year plus extensions ongoing
- To shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful technical text and documents that help users complete the task at hand.
- Set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
- Manage user experience writing workflow, maintaining deadlines and ensuring timely deliverables to the design team.
- Work independently with limited guidance and direction on moderately complex projects.
- Participate in the creation and evolution of user experience messaging strategy.
- Recommend messaging solutions that support the user experience and meet brand tone and voice guidelines.
- Drive a vision for instructional, educational and help-based content across all products- Assist in Leading
- Write clear, concise user interface copy for products, including microcopy, instructional text and error messaging - Moderately Complex
- Develop a vision for messaging across a given product and ensure tactical execution to drive cohesive narratives across all digital touch points - Moderate Scope
- Utilize storytelling and narrative skills to improve user experience in alignment with the brand's tone and voice - Experienced
- Collaborate with designers, analysts, researchers and product managers to define and drive user-centered experiences - Assist in Leading
- Influence writing strategy and anticipates internal/external business challenges – Considerable Latitude
- Originate new concepts, strategies or innovative approaches to user experience messaging that have a significant impact - Considerable Latitude
- Coordinate the writing processes to improve project efficiency - Assist in Leading
- Ensure all user interface language follows conventions for punctuation, capitalization and grammar - Assist in Leading
- Identify opportunities to define and establish conventions for digital messaging -Considerable Latitude
- Create and apply user experience models, such as journey maps or personas - Experienced
- Research and analyze moderately complex messaging problems, and identify opportunities to solve problems utilizing text - Experienced
- Remain knowledgeable and serve as an advocate for content best practices within the UX Design team - Experienced
- Manage multiple projects under tight deadlines across a broad variety of product categories and audiences - Assist in Leading
- Proactively identify language concerns and successfully addresses those issues to ensure projects stay on track to meet project milestones, project time/scope/quality/funding expectations, and business objectives - Considerable Impact
- Assist teams through the Development Lifecycle for multiple projects within various phases; ensuring that the deliverables meet language expectations - Assist in Leading
- Identify opportunities to improve workflows and efficiency for developing language within products that meet business and member needs - Experienced
- Work on multiple projects prioritizing them according to project needs, level of effort of tasks and project timelines - Considerable Latitude
- Perform active check-ins with UX and visual designers to ensure all materials are vetted through the technical writing team - Assist in Leading
- Participate in the development, testing and implementation of UX design projects
- Analyze and document project requirements - Advanced Analysis
- Maintain and monitor solution effectiveness - Advanced Expertise
- Remain abreast of emerging technologies and industry best practices and trends
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Working experience outside the classroom in technical writing, UX writing, fact-checking, copywriting or content/creative strategy
- Advanced cross-group collaboration and persuasion skills
- Advanced skill in project management to include establishing and leading project teams; managing timelines/deadlines/resources; ensuring successful project implementation · Ability to lead, guide and mentor others · Ability to articulate design concepts to a broad audience, including non-designers
- Advanced communication skills both verbal and visual
- Advanced detail and organizational skills
- Ability to apply analytical, creative, visual, and critical thinking
- Advanced knowledge of effective writing and editing
- Experience with user-centered design processes and best practices
- Working knowledge of the web, mobile and application design
- Working knowledge of best practices for web and mobile-based content, tools, and forms
- Desired - Master’s degree in English, Communications, Journalism, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Desired - Knowledge of the financial services industry and products
- Desired - Human Factors Institute Certified Analyst
24th January 2023
Place of work