Are you looking for a new Editorial role that gives you the chance to use your creativity and expertise to deliver engaging online content? Are you searching for a role that gives you the opportunity to work with forward-thinking Digital and Creative teams and collaborate with some of the best in the fashion industry? Looking for a company that wants to help further your career as well as provide you with an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work?
If the answer to all of these questions is ‘yes’ then you’re just the kind of person we’re looking for!
Reporting directly into the Digital Content Editor, the Selfridges Deputy Content Editor will support the management of a team of product copywriters and Product Technical Specialists; responsible for producing and publishing content to the brand’s online platform. A highly experienced sub-editor with a meticulous eye for detail, this expert wordsmith acts as a guardian for the brand tone of voice, sub-editing daily through large quantities of product copy, while giving one-on-one training and editing feedback to team members and freelancers alike.
Editing will be second nature to this individual – an ability to sift through all levels of copy and perfecting it to tight deadlines. A stickler for detail, a quick-thinker, problem-solver and a perfectionist, the Deputy Editor will be confident in presenting ideas and concepts to senior stakeholders, while maintaining an efficient and effective product copywriting team; able to product the best online retail offering through content.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintaining online standards through scrupulous daily editing with an eagle eye for detail.
- Sub-editing large quantities of product copy to a high standard in a fast-paced environment to maintain the Selfridges website tone of voice.
- Assisting the Content Editor to develop and evolve the brand tone of voice and brand standards online.
- Support the Content Editor on all day-to-day running of the content team, including people management, freelance management and budgets – in-line with company expectations.
- Ensure timelines are managed effectively and consistently with all given projects and workflows.
- Ensure that new launches are executed within a timely manner and to an impeccable standard online.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with an ability to manage urgent requests on demand.
- Proven ability to lead complex tasks and projects, and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met.
- Lead, inspire, engage and motivate a team of copywriters and product technical specialists.
- Complete annual performance reviews for individual team members in-line with company policies and procedures.
- Managing business KPIs and strict deadlines in a very fast-paced environment.
- Recruit freelancers and manage freelance calendar, liaising with a third-party content recruiter as well as recruiting on a private basis; sub-editing their work daily.
- Impeccable organisational skills and a strong ability to plan effectively on everything from team workloads to project execution.
The Ideal Candidate
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in English, Journalism or a writing-related field. MA/post-grad a plus.
- 5+ years of experience writing, sub-editing and managing a team in a mid-to large-sized company.
- Proven track record of maintaining and developing a website or publication’s identity through tone of voice and excellent standards of content.
- Experience in a senior editing role within editorial, copywriting or journalism.
- Proven track record of driving projects from concept to completion—applying best practices with the ability to prioritise, creatively problem-solve and make timely decisions.
- Solid knowledge of the digital luxury retail sphere and experience within a fast-paced digital environment.
- Superior attention to detail, with a keen and meticulous eye.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle several workflows.
- An expert in grammar, punctuation and a general wordsmith.
- Ability to think strategically and stay on top of execution.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including collaborating and team building practices.
- Ability to supervise, train and mentor team members, including organising, prioritising and managing tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate relentlessly high standards, fostering passion, integrity and energy.
- Ability to analyse and deliver reports within a content management system. Analysis of time-to-site and business priorities.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively and efficiently, and to collaborate and influence.
A BIT ABOUT US
Our creative spirit
We are more than a shop. We are a social space where culture and commerce collide to release an energy that we call the Selfridges spirit. We are here to make our world brighter, and everyone is welcome.
Our awards cabinet
We’re not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World’s Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign.
Since 1909 we have been at the forefront of retail and today our stores in London, Manchester and Birmingham – alongside selfridges.com and the Selfridges App – continue to redefine the way we shop and socialise. As a Selfridges team member, you will learn what it takes to consistently drive innovation, success and amazing customer experiences.
THE FUN STUFF
There are lots of reasons to be excited about joining Team Selfridges – from our fantastic team member communities to volunteer days and behind-the-scenes Selfridges experiences throughout the year.
Other benefits and rewards include:
- Generous bonus
- Discounted gym memberships
- Pension contributions
- Annual travel pass and cycle to work schemes
- A volunteer day for all team members
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development